dmca-activists

[DMCA-Activists] Ubiquity Re: pho: IEEE Spectrum: A Lucid Reading of Sof

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Ubiquity Re: pho: IEEE Spectrum: A Lucid Reading of Software Patentability (Should beRequired Reading)
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 13:11:52 -0400

The reasoning in these articles explicitly takes up the same
standpoint of recognizing the ubiquity of computer coding, that
we organized the Internet Commons Congress around.  See:
http://www.nyfairuse.org/icc/ and http://internationalunity.org .

Klemens clearly and definitively illustrates how we may
understand what it means to represent "the right to express logic
freely in code."

This is the third of the three main positions around which we
organized the Internet Commons Congress:

1) the right to make flexible use of published information
2) the right to own a fully functional computer
3) the right to express logic freely in code

These three positions reflect the present-day ubiquity of
connectivity, computing and coding.

The time has become ripe to take up the clear position against
software patents in principle.

Seth