dmidecode-devel

Re: [dmidecode] DMIDECODE with DJGPP

From: breakoutbox
Subject: Re: [dmidecode] DMIDECODE with DJGPP
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 23:16:49 +0200

Fabrício Ceolin schrieb:
Hi Guys,

I made some modifications on dmidecode 2.10 to compile on djgpp for dos. The
patch is attached.
But when I'll try to using it, I got the message:

Access denied

Anybody get a hint?

Thanks!

Hi ,

please take a look at
http://www.breakoutbox.de/software/software.html
=> Dmidecode / WinDmidecode sources there

Aas far as I remember:  since REACTOS states to be something like"XP"
the DMIDECODE code switches to some pieces of code
that try to read out the memory in a different way.

Try to read out the memory in the "Win98 way"- change that
in the DMIDECODE sources. Maybe it will then work again.

Cheers,
Peter