Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Module to autocomplete society profile

From: Doursenaud , Raphaël
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Module to autocomplete society profile
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 01:00:40 +0200

2013/6/24 Florian Henry <address@hidden>
I've just googled a french website societe.com (for french company) to know if they have an API that can be use freely. They just says contact us to get a quote....

We had a client asking for the same feature in 2011.

We received this quote for the societe.com webservice :

Max requests

Price

Price per request over quota

5000

2000€

0.46

25000

5000€

0.23

50000

7000€

0.16

150000

10000€

0.08

We also asked another provider that seemed to have more and better data sources : Cartegie. Here's the quote :
Access price 1000€ per year plus 0.22€ to 0.10€ declining per request.

Anyway, we didn't make the deal with our client, so the module has never been developed. As you can see, the upfront price of these services can be discouraging. Plus the fact that these sources use proprietary APIs and are very location specific (France only in both of these examples). We have yet to find an adequately priced international provider for these infos.

At a higher level, it seems completely ridiculous to pay for these infos. I think we need an open data initiative, at the very least in the European Union. But that's another story…

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Doursenaud
05 35 53 97 13 - 06 68 48 20 10

http://gpcsolutions.fr
Technopole Hélioparc
2 avenue du Président Pierre Angot
64053 PAU CEDEX 9
SARL GPC.solutions au capital de 7 500 € - R.C.S. PAU 528 995 921