Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr's logo font is not free

From: Doursenaud , Raphaël
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr's logo font is not free
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 18:34:36 +0200

Well the situation is pretty clear, the font is under the URW++ licence : http://www.urwpp.de/graphic/pdf/URW++_License.pdf
Is published by Microsoft typography and was supplied with several products : https://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/font.aspx?FMID=920
Is part of the ITC family now owned by Monotype : http://www.monotype.com/legal/trademarks?type=Bhttp://catalog.monotypeimaging.com/family/itc/itc-bauhaus
Definitely not free as in free speech.

One solution, as I understand §2.4 of the licence, would be for the Dolibarr foundation to get a licence. This would grant the rights for everyone to use the font for the logo or other assets (Without text modifications).

Anyway, thanks for the great care you take on making the Dolibarr brand recognizable. I didn't mean to be rude.

Regards,
--
Raphaël Doursenaud
05 35 53 97 13 - 06 68 48 20 10

http://gpcsolutions.fr
Technopole Hélioparc
2 avenue du Président Pierre Angot
64053 PAU CEDEX 9
SARL GPC.solutions au capital de 7 500 € - R.C.S. PAU 528 995 921