Re: [Dolibarr-dev] customizing dolibarr scripts

From: Destailleur Laurent
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] customizing dolibarr scripts
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 01:11:50 +0200

Currenlty into core, you use include_once (no performance issue). If using dol_include_once, there is performance change even with only one server, above all on windows server. Because "files not found" are NOT cached by php. Only include for "files found".
Into external module, use dol_include_once.
Because this are 2 different situation, i don't think it is a problem to have 2 different code line.

Also discussion started to say, we can move "core code" at a different place. I think we should ask differently: Why allowing to change official structure of trees into a different one ? This may lead to difficult way to understand.

But may be you are speaking of directory "scripts" only ?

@marcos You're talking about an autoloader, right ?
Laurent voiced against it at latest devcamp.

What about looking for a better solution that avoids us from constantly including dependencies and allow Dolibarr to handle them?

Regards,

Marcos García
address@hidden

Laurent made a study about performance lost when using only this method and he tell us dirung the devcamp there is a real difference. After that, If you have 3000 dolibarr install on only one server, you can see the difference but with one dolibarr per server it will not impact so much.
I will be agree with Christophe and Maxime, I prefer a full customizable dolibarr rather than cloud performance oriented.
Florian Henry
+33 6 03 76 48 07
address@hidden
http://www.open-concept.pro