dolibarr-tasktrack

[Dolibarr-tasktrack] [Task #878] Initial configuration when activating h

From: Doliforge
Subject: [Dolibarr-tasktrack] [Task #878] Initial configuration when activating holidays module
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 01:43:28 +0200

Doliforge
Is this email not displaying correctly?
update email preferences.

Initial configuration when activating holidays module

Latest modifications

Now it is working like this:
1. Enable holidays module
2. Go to holidays
3. Choose "Define the holidays"
4. Nothing is shown

If I want to define the holidays of my employees I have to go to the configuration of holidays module and click Save (even if I didn't want to change anything). This is because the holidays module does not depend on the users table. It has to create a row for each user in the table.

For a dolibarr user this can lead to error reporting because the user is not warned to click save before setting any holidays.

I don't really think clicking save is mandatory for using the module. I think it should depend on users table or have a default 0.00 days when no row is found or loading the users data into the table when the module is enabled.

Answer now

Snapshot

 Details
Submitted by:  Marcos García (marcosgdf) Last Modified On:  2013-08-03 11:27
Submitted on:  2013-05-06 18:07
Subproject:  Other module Assigned to (multiple):  None
Planned for version:
 Status
Start Date:  - End Date:  -
Completion (0-100%):  0 Status:  Open

Comments

Marcos García 2013-09-29 01:43
Now it is working like this:
1. Enable holidays module
2. Go to holidays
3. Choose "Define the holidays"
4. Nothing is shown

If I want to define the holidays of my employees I have to go to the configuration of holidays module and click Save (even if I didn't want to change anything). This is because the holidays module does not depend on the users table. It has to create a row for each user in the table.

For a dolibarr user this can lead to error reporting because the user is not warned to click save before setting any holidays.

I don't really think clicking save is mandatory for using the module. I think it should depend on users table or have a default 0.00 days when no row is found or loading the users data into the table when the module is enabled.
Laurent Destailleur 2013-08-03 11:27
Sorry, i still did not understand what i the problem.
Can you provide steps using "morse" rules.
I enable module holiday - stop- go into menu X - i enter data y - ...
And the what you think should be better...
Marcos García 2013-07-04 10:10
Yeah, but what we can do is to load employees onto holidays table when the module gets activated or modify the behaviour to allow manually assign before setting configuration parameters... Because no warning is shown and people could think that the module is not working properly.
Laurent Destailleur 2013-07-04 10:06
Sure. This is a mandatory step.
But i can't see how we can avoid this: When you enable the module, you must enter some parameters to have the module working.
This initial values are required to calculate number of days. Using default value is also dangerous because each companies may have a different setup.
Marcos García 2013-07-04 08:09
If you've ever used holidays module, then you would know what am I talking about.

When you enable holidays module, it cannot be used until you hit save button in the preferences panel of the module, because employees need to be loaded to a holidays table.

This should not be done like that.
Laurent Destailleur 2013-07-04 00:35
What do you mean with "initial configuration" ?