Re: [DotGNU]Defining Webservices => Language

From: Daniel E Baumann
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Defining Webservices => Language
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:25:00 -0600

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 07:38:57PM +0100, Norbert Bollow wrote:
> Daniel E Baumann <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > First of all the only reason we made out own format was because no one
> > has shelled out the $40 for the ODMG standard,
>
> Will you get redistribution rights for that $40 fee?  I don't
> think we should implement standards if we do not have
> redistribution rights for the document which defines the
> standard.

You know I am not sure, but I don't even like using a standard that you
have to pay for (yes I am cheap, but I don't get paid for GNUe hacking
 and most of the other Free Software I write so I don't like spending
 money on some design).

--
Daniel E Baumann      address@hidden

***Free Dmitry Sklyarov! Boycott Adobe! Repeal DMCA!***

And if cynics ridicule freedom, ridicule community...if ``hard nosed
realists'' say that profit is the only ideal...just ignore them, and use
copyleft all the same.
      -- RMS