[DotGNU]File sharing app

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: [DotGNU]File sharing app
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 01:32:34 +0100

I have received a respnse from Roberto Bayardo, one of the
people behind IBM's "uServ" file sharing application.  IBM
apparantly sill doesn't know what to do with uServ (productize,
offer as a service, license, or open source / Free Software),
and this is likely to take a couple of months to sort out.

I think we should probably assume that IBM is not likely to
put uServ under GPL, and therefore we should build out own File
sharing app, using Napster, Gnutella and also the uServ paper
(see http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/bayardo/userv/userv.html )
as sources of inspiration.

Any takers?  This is a project for building an application which
has the potential of becoming very popular very quickly.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com