[DotGNU]SEE - what's the point?

From: S11001001
Subject: [DotGNU]SEE - what's the point?
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:52:17 -0600

Hi all, I'm new to DG, so interpret that as you will...

I've read the stuff about how the SEE is supposed to provide a *Secure Execution Environment*, and executes the services run by the plugins, and whatnot. But what exactly is expected of the SEE/DEE code? I have my own ideas, and I want to see if they're appropriate.

-Is Andromeda just a proof-of-concept, something to link to? Because I can't see how Andromeda can do very much, unless the developers are going cathedral ;)

-Can SEE and DEE really be separated? It doesn't look like there's much for the SEE to do, other than distributed execution (multi-platform, maybe even multi-plugin...)

If pnet runs on its own, then what do we need SEE for anyway? Specifically, s'il vous plait. And I've already read enough of the stuff about providing a framework, pluggable interface, but /what does the code do?????/

--
Dijkstra probably hates me.
        -- Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c