Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET focus for the next 2 months

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET focus for the next 2 months
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 19:27:11 +0100

>     I hope we reach full self-hosting in a month or so (taking into
> account Rhys's productivity).

What exactly do you mean with "self-hosting"?  (Since the pnet
C# compiler is written in C, not C#, it's not very interesting
to ask whether it can compile itself etc :-)

> Can I write Pnetlib classes in Java ?.

I think that Pnetlib should be implemented entirely in C# even
if it becomes theoretically possible to do some parts in Java.

>     It all comes to, "Can we inter-program with Java & C# ?".

This is probably very desirable, but IMHO not the first
priority.  The priority is IMHO that we can program in Java and
we can program in C# and the resulting programs can talk
XML-RPC.

>     It's been up since christmas. I really need someone with
> CVS access to dotgnu.org to upload it for me.

I'll respond privately to this, with Cc: to the
address@hidden list.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com