Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 02:02:46 +0530

If memory serves me right, Peter Minten wrote:
> While we are standing at a milestone it maybe a good idea to take a
> snapshot of the meta-project. Such a snapshot could consist of a
> document describing in short what progress has been made since the last
> snapshot (the last meet-a-thon), where the projects are now (what
> functionality is done) and what is coming up (in the near or distant
> future).

We had such an effort last january ... ie a yearly summary of DotGNU ...
of 2001 .
> * It would make a good opportunity to help newbies getting into the
> project.

I don't see many at the weekly meets :)

> * It could be a good chance to inform the world about DotGNU through the
> press if we handle it correctly (Gopal mentioned this in the
> preparations for the last meet-a-thon).

I would've almost failed last time if it were not for Grant Gross
putting that Newsforge/Linux.com article ....

Put it up on slashdot and let all the l33t h4x0r and snot faced trolls
read it for what it's worth... And conduct the meet on #dotgnu-private
as the main channel is jammed with trolls and fork bombers.....

> * We could catch some industry attention with it.

Yes, we definitely are in the running now .... there was a time when
people spoke of DotGNU as one of the also-rans ... It's past now !

> - The snapshot document, I would call it 'the State of the Project'.

Check the "This Year in DotGNU - 2001" for inspiration....

> - A who-is-who-in-DotGNU document.

dotgnu-sage: <nick> ?

> but it's nice for the newbies to know who to ask what questions to :-).

That's a good reason...

Let's prepare to make this meet-a-thon a bit more interesting and
less of hassle (remember the irclogs issue and all that.....)

Let everyone remember the comments about the "original" meet-a-thon...