[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon
Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 22:46:17 +0530
If memory serves me right, Barry Fitzgerald wrote:
> Peter Minten wrote:
> > Could be pnet looks to complicated for them, and the fact that the meets
> > usually tackle subjects like intercalls and threading should scare the
> > newbies off too. Maybe something like an extra #dotgnu-newbies chatroom
> > would be a solution? The newbies could ask their questions there while
> > the complicated stuff stays at #dotgnu.
Somehow I cannot see enough people on #dotgnu ..... Well we may
use this dotgnu-newbies when we crowd out the main channel.
> > Excuse me, but I don't really see the point in first announcing a
> > meeting and then moving it to another channel because you don't want the
> > readers in the meeting. Wouldn't it be better to announce the meeting on
> > another place than /. where the trolls and flamers don't look and keep
> > the meeting on #dotgnu?
Aah ... that was a JOKE !... ;) ..
> Newsforge and Linuxtoday are good enough... GNU would also work but I'
> We can get them covered on Newsforge easily enough. Grant is a great
Ok these three would do enough ... we actually need developers *and*
users to come forward... The original meeting was developer-specific
,at least in purpose... unlike this proposal (If I read it right)...
> We really need to focus on getting everything back together and cohesive.
We've gotta learn "How to Hype" .... from a project we're all familiar
with (I'll give you 3 guesses)....
> the meet-a-thon seemed to me to be more chaotic last time.
You're not alone in that opinion.... (sic)
> spawn off different channels for the meet-a-thon:
Would fork interest .... I believe a chaotic meeting would do good
as far as I'm concerned . And the timezones of the developers will
control the topic to some extent (from last experience)... No sense
in splitting interest .... IMO DotGNU is a single entity as far as
this meeting is concerned .
One of the reasons this meeting is being planned so early is to get
maximum feedback ..... And I would like anyone and everyone to put
his $0.02 into the jingling bag......
The difference between insanity and genius is measured by success
Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon, Barry Fitzgerald, 2002/06/02
- [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon, Peter Minten, 2002/06/01
- Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon, Gopal V, 2002/06/01
- Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon, Peter Minten, 2002/06/02
- Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon, Barry Fitzgerald, 2002/06/02
- Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon,
Gopal V <=
- Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon, James Michael DuPont, 2002/06/02
- Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon, Gopal V, 2002/06/03
- Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon, Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r), 2002/06/04
- Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon, Gopal V, 2002/06/05
- [DotGNU]Linuxtag in Germany on the 9th of June, James Michael DuPont, 2002/06/05
- Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon, Barry Fitzgerald, 2002/06/09
- Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon, Gopal V, 2002/06/10
- Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon, Barry Fitzgerald, 2002/06/21
- Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon, Gopal V, 2002/06/22