[DotGNU]a hack for PInvoke on pnet

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]a hack for PInvoke on pnet
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 06:34:42 +0530

Hi Everyone,
        I've been spending today struggling with pnet as usual. The
current effort was wrapping an Xml Parser in C# (DOM) ... To be
truthful I'm surprised at the results ;)

I wasted all morning trying to compile my wrapper in a DSO .so file.
And at about coffee break time , I found out that my problem was a
hell lot of static methods in C .....

Having overcome pnet's PInvoke woes using a shell script (get it ?,
a shell script !) .. I proceded to prod the libxml2 API and looking
for a place to get started.

Nearer dinner and the basic PInvoke stuff is finished and running .
I decided to quit and give you all a half baked view of what pnet
could do in the hands of a black belt code-fu like me ;)

Actually I was surprised when it worked ,and dissapointed as it
didn't turn up any new bugs ;-) ...

All comments about the coding standards shall find its way into
the bit bucket ... as this is /me at his laziest ..

http://symonds.net/~gopalv82/code/xmlsharp.tgz