Re: My Favorite soapbox : XML linkage (was Re: [DotGNU]Jabber-thon)

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: My Favorite soapbox : XML linkage (was Re: [DotGNU]Jabber-thon)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 06:18:41 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, I have already been in discussion with RMS about
the SWAGKit. It is not really that new.

I just brought it up in my last mail as a supporting
argument about the issue of data exchange.

We really will have to think hard about how to handle
the issue of implementing the Compiler Interface
classes, even if the are not part of the core ECMA
class lib, they will provide the interface that might
be and issue.

mike
--- Seth Johnson
<address@hidden> wrote:

> James Michael DuPont wrote:
> >
> > The university of waterloo has published a tool
> that
> > is specificly intended on removing the GPL from
> the
> > asts, the SWAG kit and cppx.
> > http://swag.uwaterloo.ca/~swagkit/
> > http://swag.uwaterloo.ca/~cppx/
>

> Wow.  That truly sucks.
>
> James, I think that if you will try to ascertain
> from the
> DotGNU leaders what directions and techniques they
> would
> like you to take, as you're doing so far, that in
> itself is
> the absolutely greatest contribution that everybody
> can give
> to the project.
>
> Seth Johnson
>
> --