Re: My Favorite soapbox : XML linkage (was Re: [DotGNU]Jabber-thon)

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: My Favorite soapbox : XML linkage (was Re: [DotGNU]Jabber-thon)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 17:10:20 +0200

James Michael DuPont <address@hidden> wrote:

> Miguel says they can run the gpl code in a separate
> server and publish the interface across to any user.
> He writes here :
> "MCS might be used though to implement this beast if
> we choose to, and in
> that case, we will probably package the compiler as a
> component that can
> run on its own AppDomain, allowing for the GPL code to
> be running side
> by side with proprietary code."
> let me be provokative about this :
> You dont need to use rpc and the network interfaces,
> you just need dotnet to get around the GPL.
> How does the DotGnu team plan on handling this one?

The major components of DotGNU (that need to be protected from
that kind of situation) are not written in C#, or any other
language that can easily be compiled to run on the .NET runtime.

Greetings, Norbert.

A founder of the project and Steering Committee member
Tel +41 1 972 20 59         Fax +41 1 972 20 69
List hosting with GNU Mailman on your own domain name