Re: [DotGNU]special exception to GPL

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]special exception to GPL
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:46:12 +1000

S11001001 wrote:

> I have noticed that other projects, such as Classpath and Guile, list
> their GPL exceptions in every source file. Why is this not so for pnetlib?

I wasn't sure of the exact terminology to use, so erred
on the side of using the GPL terminology and then excepting
it in the README/FAQ.

Bradley Kuhn of the FSF was going to investigate for us
what the best license to use moving forward would be:
"GPL plus linking exception" or LGPL or ???.

Once the final license has been agreed to, it won't take
long to rip through the files and change them all.  Right
now, there's no point changing anything if we'll just need
to do it again in a few weeks/months.