[DotGNU]Licenses

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: [DotGNU]Licenses
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:47:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I have a question about law.  I need some help understanding licenses.
Understanding this will help me know when licenses are being broken.

I have two questions:

1)  How can I project change license after its started?

A project might start using the X11 license and then switch to the LGPL.
How can that be?
How can you add or take aways restrictions afterwards?

2) If I hold the copyright to a pice of software.  Say it's GPL.

Do I have the right to give that software to someone under a different
license?
If so, that is a potential hamper on freedom.

Daniel.