Re: [DotGNU]Hello from pnetC

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Hello from pnetC
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:21:07 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> > See section 3 of the C FAQ at http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html
> > for more about sequence points. It'll quickly make you want to program
> > C# or Java again :)
>
> Not much chance of that.  Side-effects is what makes programming
> in C such an interesting adventure. :-)

I know about the sequence point stuff (been learning twisted C problems
for 4 weeks now ) , but just couldn't resist comparing cscc & gcc ...

My other favourite "twisted" codes are

a[i]=(++i) + (i++);

or

On the other hand , I have been thinking today on how C & C# can interact
via CSafe .. the __invoke__ stuff can be a significant problem when dealing
with the IO architecture ....

for example how do I catch a I/O exception in C ? (/me guesses we'll build
the CRT0.dll in C# to handle all that....)

I have been talking on IRC about implementing string.h and the obvious
question is "should we use String.Equals(String,String)" ? or the default
model of pointer addition and comparison ?...

See an attached program to play with link lists ... (needs Rhys's stdio.h)