Re: [DotGNU]String.LastIndexOf(String s) brain damage...

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]String.LastIndexOf(String s) brain damage...
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:38:39 +0000

On Monday 11 November 2002 18:11, Jonathan P Springer wrote:

> What's the output?  "0,2" or "2,4"?  My preference would be the former,
> but the specs are ambiguous and confused enough that I could be easily
> convinced that #2 is what should be produced.

I've *never* come across text scanning functionality that returns the index
of the tail character of a successfully matched search term.

How often does one what to know where a search term _ends_ in a document??

... not that I'm clued up on the ECMA spec you understand.  I can see why
you're going bonkers.  Case #2 seems most unnatural.

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.