Re: [DotGNU]Request for Work

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Request for Work
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 12:47:24 +0530

If memory serves me right, James Dill wrote:
> I am currently looking for a project to further increase my c/c++ skills,
> and am hoping someone could direct me... the dotGNU project seems to be
> quite an exciting thing to work on.

Yes .... it is quite exciting

> My Skillset:
> I have had less then a years commercial experience using c/c++, and for the
> last year have been working in a "microsoft factory" doing backend c#
> programming.  All up though, I have 5 years programming experience under my
> belt.

Ok ... http://dotgnu.org/pnetlib-status/ is the status page with all the
TODO items missing ...

Hmm... and did you by any chance have to see proprietary code from MS ? ...
because that might be a problem

> So, I was wondering if someone could let me know what I could possibly work
> on..?

If you want a particular part like System.Xml or System.Text.RegularExpressions
please tell me ...

> Sorry if this is not the correct place to ask as well.

This is the right place to ask ... but not the right place to post
patches ... All patches redirected to Savannah.gnu.org/projects/dotgnu-pnet
That has a nice bug reporting system as well

You can mail me for any assistance , and I'll most likely be the one
integrating the patches as well ...

Thank you,