[DotGNU]New number formatting code.

From: Jonathan P Springer
Subject: [DotGNU]New number formatting code.
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:42:47 -0500

I have just committed a significant revision of number formatting.  The
new formatting is designed as a complete implementation of the numeric
formatting documented in the ECMA IFormattable interface.  It has been
sanity-tested for commonly used functionality; however, by no means has
every function been checked yet.

While I will continue to test it, I'd appreciate it if others would
"kick the tires" with your favorite obscure formatting requirements and
forward test cases, bugs and fixes to me.

For those who wish to monkey in the code, the majority of the function
can be found in runtime/System/Private/NumberFormat/*.cs.  Formatter.cs
holds object creation, basic parsing code, and common function.  Each of
the format types has its own class (e.g. CurrencyFormatter.cs).
CustomFormatter is there for those of you who just have to have your
BASIC "#,##0.00" formats :-).

Enjoy and abuse,
-js

--
-Jonathan P Springer <address@hidden>
"A standard is an arbitrary solution to a recurring problem." - Joe Hazen