RE: [DotGNU]csunit Error on mingw

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]csunit Error on mingw
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 13:45:05 -0800 (PST)

Guys
I just would like to ask you to please include the name
and the date of the person you are responding to in your mail
I dont understand who you were writing to.

I presume dr terminator!

--- "Aditya P. Bansod" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Pnet is not really ready to run on Mingw32 , at least the
> > compiler is definitely not ready for practical use ... (and I
> > haven't tested that part for anything)..
>
> Cscc-cs, if run by itself, produces IL, altho I have no idea if the
> IL is
> valid (seeing that I'm having that cmdline issue). Also test_crypt
> passes,
> test_thread kinda passes (5 tests fail), and test_verify runs until
> ldstr_test_5, and then dies (as in WinXP traps and kills it).
>
> > Could you confirm that this code gets called ? ... (like a
> > couple of fprintf's there ?)
>
> Yes, it is being called. The fprintf's are being called in both cscc
> and in
> test_verify.
>

> > > ../cscc/cscc-cs: No input files
> >
> > The "ILCmdLineExpand" seems to be the obvious culprit here...
> > And I cannot debug it from here (because I have no W32) and I
> > don't know what changes you have made either ...
> >
> > I'll try to test the ILCmdLineExpand hand-written version
> > tonight, and see how it goes ..

abansod,
please just run make clean
clean up all the code you have
and bzip the thing and post it some where.
if you dont have any space, sign up to sf.net and send me your id,

I will set you up with cvs and a diskspace if rhys and co are not going
to give me access to the pnet server. But I dont want to. it does not
make sense.

Rhys, Gopal, I promise not to commit any nasty evil or dangerouse code
to the pnet without asking first, so please setup me with access to the
pnet project on savannah. If you really want to have my help.

Otherwise, I dont see how I am supposed to work with you guys if we
dont have our own cvs.

Otherwise; I can branch the thing and put it in introspector cvs.
it is your decision, in your hands. Please advise, and please respond
this well. If we dont hear anything by saturday, I will check in the
pnet changes to the introspector cvs.

The point is that you can see that I am trying to help,
and that I am not just a talker. My help to pnet will be greater if you
give me a chance. You can alway kick me out if you think I am abusing
the project.

mike

"I'd much rather have that fellow inside my tent pissing out, than
outside my tent pissing in."
Lyndon B Johnson
(On being asked why he kept J. Edgar Hoover at the FBI)

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/