Re: [DotGNU]csunit Error on mingw

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]csunit Error on mingw
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 18:07:14 +1000

James Michael DuPont wrote:

> As long as you are in the middle, we dont need direct cvs access right
> now, in fact, you are playing the role in that case of a hyper
> intelligent cvs server, that understand the code as well.
>
> the only thing we need is a place to upload the files to for
> sharing...(untill we all have cvs)

Patches that are destined for CVS should be sent through Savannah,
preferably as the output of the "make_patch.sh" script, because
I can apply them more easily.  Patches mailed to the list or
directly to my inbox are likely to be lost in very short order.

You can create whatever repository you like on your own systems
for distributing files for your own experiments.  Just try to keep
the amount of drift between CVS and your own stuff to a minimum.

Ultimately we must get the mingw32 stuff to the point where someone
can do a clean checkout from CVS and build directory with no funky
setup required.  Funkiness is OK for the time being, since it is
still early days.

> Yes, I have read about that, win32 has the standard globbing, it is in
> a n standard windows object file, but I did not persue that, because I
> dont want to link in an object file without sources.

If I recall correctly, all that the object file does is redirect
to a different version of "setargv".  That different version should
already be in the standard library.  You shouldn't need the object file.
That's what the "_setargv" stuff at the bottom of "cmdline.c" was
doing.  Slight mods may be needed for mingw32, but it should already
be in the library.

> I just dont want to be stuck on the outside in the rain, trying to help
> but locked out. That I why I am asking for rights/help. Help is better
> than rights, so lets try that out for a while.

If you submit patches through Savannah, and use the "make_patch.sh"
script, then Gopal and I can deal with them swiftly.

I do have the patch you sent a couple of days ago, but it would
help me greatly if you could re-diff it without the autogen'ed
files like "aclocal.m4", "il_config.h.in", etc.  Just the source
changes, please.  Autogen file patches never apply cleanly, since
the files differ from system to system.

If you can provide this quickly, it will help me get this in during
the next couple of hours.  Otherwise I will need to manually edit
the patch to apply it, and it will take longer.

For things like config.guess, submit a bug report with a url to
the most up to date version.  The report should be something like
"config.guess is old - the most recent one is at ftp.gnu.org/whatever".
Patches never really work for that kind of file.