Re: [DotGNU]PDF DOT GNU

From: Adam Treat
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]PDF DOT GNU
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:17:56 -0500

On Friday 03 January 2003 01:25 pm, Gopal V wrote:
> If memory serves me right, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> > the idea would be to be able to display a page by invoking a method in
> > a class that can display onto a lower level graphic system.
> > this would use the pnetvm to display and be much faster than the slow
> > switching statement in the xpdf.
>
> Possible , but I guess it should be shelved for now until we have a
> truly portable GUI toolkit that we can recommend ...

For what it is worth, there is work going on to port Qt/X11 to native windows
under the GPL.  This would make Qt# a nearly cross-platform toolkit when
ready (GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Windows and Qtopia/Zaurus - MacOSX).  Regarding
the PDF idea I would love to work with you to create a Qt# widget that would
display this!  Very cool idea James ;)