Re: [DotGNU]help needed

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]help needed
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:28:48 +0100 (CET)

> i am doing in .net,
> my title:"web based issue/bug tracking system"

Hi Srinu,
  here's a copy of a recent posting on the PBF (Python Business Forum)
mailing list.  I think that an issue tracking system along these lines
would fit well into DotGNU as a useful example of a webservice
application.  One tricky question is this:  What is a good way to keep
track of how much time is spent working on the various issues?  If
that is not automated then you have to be very disciplined to create
reasonably accurate data.  On the other hand, if it's automated (for
example by programming Emacs to automatically talk XML-RPC with the
webservice whenever you start or stop editing a file which is related
to an issue) then there are serious privacy concerns.

Warm greetings,
Norbert.