Re: [DotGNU]System.Xml

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]System.Xml
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:41:23 +0530

If memory serves me right, Simon Guindon wrote:
> Anyways, we have the chicken and the egg problem here.
> XmlDocument.LoadXml uses XmlTextReader to load structure into XmlDocument.
> Problem here is, should LoadXml do the Appending of children and attributes,

I had an idea on how to solve this issue with a hack (ugly hack) ... here
is that hack... I dunno if this is the right way to do it , but this sure
is one way to avoid building a DOM ... and yet store the set of attributes
for that single node in the XmlTextReader ...

This will mean that MoveToAttribute() will not require seekable readers ,
if it needs to go back ...

The hack bypasses the XmlDocument.Create functions to allow people to just
build things ... But handle with care , the stuff should never leave the
XmlTextReader or the entire effort bombs ...

This might break future development ... because I don't know what we're
going to do next ... So with a large grain of salt, this is a new idea :).