[DotGNU]Test case with Qt#

From: Marcus
Subject: [DotGNU]Test case with Qt#
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:55:30 -0600

Could someone please take a look at this program we're having with signals and
slots? Basically, if an exception occurs within a C# slot handler, the
runtimes are acting strangely. I made a demo that requires Qt#. When you
click the button, the program should throw an ArgumentException.

Instead, mono serendipitously ends up throwing a null reference exception. It
aborts, but really for the wrong reason insofar as the exception printed
isn't the correct exception.

ilrun instead acts as though the exception were just a return statement. I
think it has something to do with unwinding the stack improperly, but I'm not
really sure why. When I write a simple test case that doesn't involve Qt,
throwing an exception in a C# method that has been called from C++ works
fine. However, the stack is a lot more complicated when a slot handler is
called in Qt.