Re: [DotGNU]Some mad ideas

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Some mad ideas
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:58:46 -0800 (PST)

--- Peter Minten <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> here are some mad ideas that might be of use to DotGNU.
>

> * DotGNU Wiki

yes, cool.

> * Central DotGNU Package fetching system
>
> It would be nice if you would only need to type something like
> 'dotgnu --get
> --tgz --cvs pnet' (or 'dotgnu -gtc pnet') to get the latest CVS
> snapshot of pnet
> or 'dotgnu --get --rpm macs' to get the latest RPM release of macs.
> It would be
> even cooler if we would use some of our webservices technology for
> this. I'm
> thinking of the following:

I like this. It fits into the coopx work i have been doing.
Please, let me help with the API spec. That would be a good place for
me to help, i have been researching this coopx API and the debian-sf
api. The program wide-cli.sf.net is also a sf command line client.

if it is possible, we should be able to use this API for the
server/server and client/server communication. That would allow for the
uploading and downloading of packages.

Do you want to use attributed c# classes for this?

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/