Re: [DotGNU]A webservice game project ((TODO))

From: Peter Minten
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]A webservice game project ((TODO))
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:11:04 +0100

minddog wrote:

> On Tuesday 21 January 2003 06:47, Peter Minten wrote:
> > Let me be Joe Average here: "You can send a message using your application
> > and that's cool? I can send a thousand messages using Gabber. You can
> > download a script, I can do that with my browser. You can send a script in
> > a Jabber message, big deal.", it might be a milestone, but it's unlikely to
> > be amazing to the general public. I'm not saying such things aren't
> > important, but we need to capture the attention of the general public that
> > doesn't really care about small steps.
>
> What about a jabber client that also has builtin games to play with other
> people with the same client using a jabber.net dotgnu server?
>
> "Hey whats up?" "Nothing...bored" "Wanna play some chess?" "Sure" "Here accept
> my offer" Shake hands with server...Board loads up "Your move man" "okay
> you're going down!" ... ;)
>
> Who said jabber had to be just a chat client.

If somebody would like to implement that it would be great. The Forum client is
basically an extended jabber client. If you would put the games widgets in a
separate area that would form a nice base for Forum client :-). This *may* also
be useful as part of a 2-way approach to DotGNU-TCG (anybody got an idea for a
better name?), using both frontended (what you suggest) tech in the beginning
and complete webservice later.

Greetings,

Peter