Re: [DotGNU]Compiling pnet in Cygwin into Win32 Binaries

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Compiling pnet in Cygwin into Win32 Binaries
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 08:16:19 +1000

On Saturday 01 February 2003 07:54 am, Robert Johnson wrote:

> I have read in some of the email archives on the web
> that there was some work being done on a cross
> platform compiler. My question is if I have cygwin can
> I compile pnet to be a native executable on windows?

Yes.  Configure as follows:

    ./configure --disable-cygwin

That will allow you to build under cygwin, but run without it.  That's how I
built the Windows binary distribution.

Once we get some more feedback to make sure that everything works properly,
I'll probably make "--disable-cygwin" the default under Windows.  For now, it
needs to be specified manually.