[DotGNU]Comments Wanted: Release Check List

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Comments Wanted: Release Check List
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 20:13:54 +1000

There is a general panic that occurs whenever we do a release: source,
binaries, zips, debs, rpms's, md5sums, freshmeat, etc, etc, etc.  Invariably
something, or several somethings, gets forgotten.

In light of this, it is perhaps time to document the release process a bit
better, so that we all know what needs to be done, in what order.  It's
certainly starting to get beyond what I can keep in my head.

At the following place is a draft of the release process:

    http://www.southern-storm.com.au/checklist.html

Feel free to make suggestions, volunteer to take over responsibility for
certain steps, etc.  Even add other packages (dgee, qt#, etc) if you like so
that we can co-ordinate better across team lines.

The important point is that we document the processes involved in sufficient
detail that the average hamster can perform them in a pinch if someone has an
emergency all of a sudden and can't build the rpm's or something.