Re: [DotGNU]Jabber.NET

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Jabber.NET
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 00:26:37 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> case, according to csc.  What it seems to do is convert the enum into a
> type-0x55 serialization value (IL_META_SERIALTYPE_ENUM), which we don't
> currently handle properly.

ok, and I'm seeing 0x51 being used elsewhere, Would that be used here ?.
(I haven't found any reliable docs for this ...)

> (a) recognise that it is OK to coerce a constant to a reference type
> (ILTypeIsReference) in an attribute argument, as long as regular type
> coercion says its OK;

I did that ... at least I hope that's what the attached patch does ..

That is to say :- it fixes the compiler error message ... but does
not generate valid attributes for loading.

I didn't commit it coz I couldn't really say if it broke something
deep within . Which is why I'm running it through you.

> (b) fix the serialization code (in multiple places) to handle
> reference types appropriately.

Still wondering how to find docs for that ?... ECMA spec doesn't seem
to mention anything remotely like this ...