Re: [DotGNU]GUI, System.Drawing and custom widgets

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]GUI, System.Drawing and custom widgets
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:58:18 +0530

If memory serves me right, Simon Guindon wrote:
> Yes of course.  Since this kind of implementation could be very
> important to my projects

Yes ... for lots of other winforms people as well ..

> (does this mean I can chuck GTK# out the window? Lol)

No, you'll need Gtk# as long as you need to interact with Gnome tools
ie to add-on to the existing & working stuff ... But migration from
winforms might be a lot easier through this stuff .. :-)

> I'll gladly test and continue to do things like this.  I
> might even be interested to play with the widget painting, I'll see what
> I can do once theres more basics in place so I can tinker around.

Trying to see if I can get DrawBeziers to work to be able to draw
shapes... :-)

/me dreams about XRender , transparent windows and bright lights ...