Re: [DotGNU]List of SWF controls - volunteers wanted

From: Mike Peters
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]List of SWF controls - volunteers wanted
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 01:13:39 +0300

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:01:03 +0300
Mike Peters <address@hidden> wrote:

> Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:09:48 +1000
> From: Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: [DotGNU]List of SWF controls - volunteers wanted
>

> Hi all,
>
> Attached is a rough list of the controls in System.Windows.Forms that
> we will
> need to implement in the coming weeks.  "+" marks basic infrastructure
>
> widgets that I should have working in a more or less useful fashion in
> a few
> days.
>
> Once the basics are there, I'm going to throw myself into TextBox and
> RichTextBox, which are going to be the hard ones (I'm a sucker for
> punishment
> :-) ).  But pretty much everything else is up for grabs.
>
> Even if you aren't 100% sure, still give it a go.  A stub is worth its
> weight
> in gold.  i.e. implement the API on a class, but leave the contents
> marked as
> [TODO] for someone else to fill in the logic.  Find yourself a DotGNU
> buddy -
> stub for your buddy, or fill in your buddy's stub.
>
> Some controls (e.g. DataGrid and TreeView) have a bunch of helper
> classes
> which don't do any GUI work - just shift data around.  Those should be
> pretty
> easy.
>
> See "pnetlib/System.Windows.Forms/HACKING" for more info.  Also,
> download the
> Wine code and have a look at how they handle events, drawing, etc, for
> your
> chosen control and then copy that.

I've bagged scrollbars :)

--
Mike (aka melzo)
Web Site: http://www.ice2o.com

It was all very well going about pure logic and how the universe was
ruled by logic and the harmony of numbers, but the plain fact was that
the disc was manifestly traversing space on the back of a giant turtle
and the gods had a habit of going round to atheists' houses and smashing
their windows.
(Colour of Magic)