[DotGNU]winforms

From: Simon Guindon
Subject: [DotGNU]winforms
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:16:01 -0400

Ok so I've decided I'm going to tackle statusbar, I've already started
and its going pretty good.

Two questions I have though.  First off, I'm writing the control in .NET
using the Windows Control project settings, I doubt you guys accept code
into pnet CVS that's from VS.NET but I'm asking anyways, is this
acceptable? If not its no big deal for me to reformat it and such.  This
allows me to develop the control even if some implementations aren't
finished on xwinforms, which is going to work out great.

Another thing, statusbar's have panels, so you can show different info
in the statusbar etc, do I have to do DrawString's manually for the text
etc, or can I make use of composite controls by adding labels and Panel
objects into my statusbar?  I've done composite controls but I know some
people think drawing by hand is quicker.

If I can do the composite control method, this will work our great
because some of these controls aren't finished yet, but I can develop my
control, and when they are they should all work great (minus bugs
between the two).

What do you think?  Even if you guys don't want to commit the VS.NET
custom control, I can reformat it, and we can test some VS.NET stuff
anyways without committing it.

Take care,
Simon

Simon Guindon