Re: [DotGNU]Hello

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Hello
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:32:43 +0530

I'm CC'ing the mail to the list as help is more likely from that direction :)

> For my first steps I'd appreciate a pre-built (binary) environment,
> which installs and runs on my Windows systems (Win98 preferred, XP and
> NT available, too). I'm willing to act as a beta tester for this
> platform.

Have you checked the win32 installers listed on
http://dotgnu.org/downloads.html ?...

They are quite a bit out of date (ie the last release version, IIRC).
The latest release installers are not still done .

> Can you give me a list of the required components?

pnet and pnetlib are needed for general work and treecc is a build req
of pnet ...(though you need it only for compiling pnet, not running it)

> I have some problems with Cygwin, which are hard to trace down for me.
> Maybe a problem with Windows, Cygwin, bash or mingw, so that I need some
> assistance in this area. Private mail is welcome, the installation and
> configuration of Cygwin is certainly off topic in this list.

I have no idea about that ... /me is a pure GNU guy :-(

(cygwin discussions are off list, but pnet specific problems are

> > ^Tum is trying to make a VisualStudio build out of Pnet and will prolly
> > achieve that easly as all gcc specific code is in #ifdef __gcc__ .
>
> Sounds interesting. My preferred development system for C/C++ is BCB,
> maybe I can make it work with this system, too.

I suppose you guys can talk this out now ...

> > *) Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
>
> I'm somewhat familiar with VB, so the VB runtime system may become my
> future area of work. But no guarantee, so far.
> area; I'm not sure whether the capability of writing an decompiler for
> VB qualifies for writing a runtime system as well ;-)

I suppose we need a guy who know VB.NET (which is different from VB6)

> Usually I work at night, but the actual time shift varies and is almost
> inpredictable.

same here :)