FR33 advice!!11one (was Re: [DotGNU]Message posting request)

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: FR33 advice!!11one (was Re: [DotGNU]Message posting request)
Date: 18 Nov 2003 21:28:39 +0000

Sorry, couldn't resist :-]

Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> writes:

> Seriously, can't you configure your spam filter to pass through all
> postings sent to the DotGNU mailing lists?  There are already
> spam-reduction processes

Alternatively, you could just reject mail that doesn't have your
address (or an address of a mailing list to which you're subscribed)
in either To or Cc.  This worked very well for me in the past.  The
downside is that it rejects BCCs, but hey.

Or, er, yeah, you could just use Rhys's suggestion. ....

--
Stephen Compall or s11 or sirian

Ever since I was a young boy,
I've hacked the ARPA net,