Re: [DotGNU]Unix File IO

From: Fergus Henderson
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Unix File IO
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:09:32 +1100

On 12-Dec-2003, Brett L Trotter <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1) File/Directory.SetCreationTime: from what I know, you have to do a direct
> filesystem write to change the ctime of an inode. Will this ever be
> supported?

The "ctime" attribute of an inode is its "change time", not "creation
time".  It is updated by modifying the file or by setting inode
information (i.e., owner, group, link count, mode, etc.).
Traditional Unix file systems don't store the creation time.

--
Fergus Henderson <address@hidden>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit