Re: [DotGNU] Re: DotGnu on OS/X

From: Oscar Papel
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] Re: DotGnu on OS/X
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 18:37:25 -0400

This is my experience building dotgnu on OS/X 10.2 under XWindows:
www.softwareprocess.biz/softwareprocess/dotgnu/dotgnuosx.html

This is great for those that want to build their own. Ideally, however, there should be a way to use the X11 that ships with OS/X and not have to rely on fink at all. The version of X11 that ships with OS/X can run regular XWindow apps just fine. There is no reason pnet can't use it as well. It's more than likely a config problem but I don't have the time right now to look into it. I'd like to get to the point like MacGimp where you just drag a dotGNU based app into your /Applications folder and it all "just works"(tm).

Oscar