Re: [DotGNU] Help please

From: IAN GAME
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] Help please
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:05:25 +0100 (BST)

Thanks Klaus,

I dug a bit deeper and found that my app had some
hidden extras such as a file viewer and a timer. I
removed these and it now works OK so I suspect it was
something to do with file permissions in the file
viewer.

There is a real application written in VB (not by me
btw) that I am attempting to use as a 'showcase' for
Linux but I have found that a few (only 3) features
are not implemented in the VB library for PNET. I do
not have the source so I am looking at a qad
workround. I will let you know how I get on.

Ian

--- address@hidden wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>
> is it possible that the user is not allowed to
> access the .config file ? (File permissions)
>
> If it's something else can you open a bug in
> savannah and attach your sample app ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Klaus
>
> IAN GAME <address@hidden> schrieb am
> 15.07.05 15:35:22:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am attempting to demonstrate how PNET can be a
> > viable alternative to the mainstream offerings. I
> have
> > an application written in VB.NET that I wish to
> > demonstrate on a RH Fedora 2 Linix distro.
> >
> > To start with I have a very simple VB.NET Forms
> > application. This has been built under Visual
> Studio
> > as a release version and works fine under Windows
> 2k.
> > I have downloaded/built/installed the
> > pnet/pnetlib/ml-pnet parts (all 0.7.0) and under
> root
> > it runs the simple application just fine.
> >
> > However, when I attempt the same thing as an
> ordinary
> > user I get the following message:
> >
> >  ilrun WindowsApplication2.exe
> > Uncaught exception:
> System.InvalidOperationException:
> > The specified key is not present in the
> application
> > settings
> >         at

System.Configuration.AppSettingsReader.GetValue(String,