dotgnu-libjit

Re: [Libjit-developers] License change - up for a vote

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Libjit-developers] License change - up for a vote
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:44:47 +1000

On Friday 09 February 2007 15:13, Gopal V wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the general position on relicensing libjit as GPL+LE or LGPL ?
>
> Show of hands for a relicensing before upcoming release please ?
>
> (Southern Storm gets a casting vote)

I am happy with either LGPL or GPL+LE, with LGPL ahead by a small amount as it
is better understood legally by the public at large.  I will be happy to
defer to those who have been working on libjit more recently than I.  The
danger of it being hijacked is minimal.

Sorry about the delay in replying.  I've been avoiding my e-mail since getting
back from the Linux conference due to a barrage of spam.  The miscreants
found another way to worm around my ISP's filters.

On the other issue of the release: I'm happy for someone to make .tar.gz
source tarballs for pnet, pnetlib, libjit, etc, which I will host on my web
site.  Send me an e-mail with the location of the tarballs and then have
Gopal SMS me to wake me up and make me read the e-mail. :-)

Cheers,

Rhys.