dotgnu-libjit

[Dotgnu-libjit] Declaring temporary array

From: Shasank Chavan
Subject: [Dotgnu-libjit] Declaring temporary array
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:16:39 -0800

Hi.  I'm really new to libjit, so this question is likely to be one you've seen before (although I could not find it in your archives).  I'd like to create a temporary array from the stack (not heap) using libjit.  I noticed that the only types of values that can be created are standard types (ints, bytes, etc) and structs/unions.  Would I need to create an array using structs, where all the fields required in the array are the same type?  That doesn't seem right, so I suspect I have it wrong.  I would appreciate your help on declaring this array off the stack - my alternative would be to pass in a "temp array' into the function I'm building so references can be made into it.

Also, a few other questions:

1. It seems like the max optimization level supported in libjit is 0.  Perhaps I don't have the latest version?
2. Any work going on in supportin ia64 code generation?

Thanks.

- Shasank