Re: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2806] CSCC virtual memory exhausted

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2806] CSCC virtual memory exhausted
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 09:27:49 +1000

On Sunday 16 March 2003 08:43 am, James Michael DuPont wrote:

> That is why we need to keep this bug open until that is fixed, even if
> it is a oneliner.

It is not a oneliner.  That's what I was trying to get across in my previous
message.  If it was a oneliner, it would be checked in already.

There are hundreds of places in the code where the compiler looks for a
standard system class and may get back NULL either because of out of memory
or because the class doesn't exist.

It would be a waste of time to track down all of these places and try to
distinguish between the two cases.  Only those people who use the compiler
incorrectly will see the problem.  Anyone who does see the problem will be
appraised of the reasons and that will be it.

I am prioritising Michael.  This is one "priority -12: user error".

Cheers,

Rhys.