Re: [Pnet-developers] wx.NET not working with P.NET

From: Bryan Bulten
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] wx.NET not working with P.NET
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:50:00 -0800

> I'll look into it , right after I manage to download ,compile and
> install wxGTK & wx.Net . ... Hmm.. curious.

To save time, I can post statically linked wx.NET binaries for Linux if
you like; though I'm not sure how much help that would be for debugging
purposes.

> Are you getting the same error using CSCC compiled code with MS.NET ?.

OK, I did some cross testing, here are the results:

Compiled with mono on Linux - Both mono and ilrun work correctly.  Does
not run correctly with ms.NET.

Compiled with pnet on Linux - ilrun freezes and mono throws an
exception.  ms.NET throws an exception as well.

Compiled with ms.NET on Windows - ms.NET, mono, and ilrun all work
correctly.

The attached file holds all the exceptions that I got while testing.

As for the mono exception created when running a binary produced by
P.NET, I've discovered that the static flags being used are not being
set correctly.

For example:

        public static readonly int Help = wxEvent_EVT_HELP();

Where wxEvent_EVT_HELP() is a call to the external wrapper library via
PInvoke.  Help is not being set correctly before a static contructor
that uses Help is called; therefore resulting in bad values being used.

This is probably the source of most of the problems that I'm having, I
cannot be sure.

--
Bryan Bulten
http://opendev.ods.org/