[Pnet-developers] A few pnet bugs

From: Rainer Groesslinger
Subject: [Pnet-developers] A few pnet bugs
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:59:02 +0100

Hello,

until savannah is back up, I am going to "log" the bugs I found on the
list: (I am sorry if some of them are already resolved or already
entered in savannah's bug list :)

NOTE: I didn't want to write a mail for each bug and attach a test case
for each bug since it would flood the list size-wise and message-wise
that's why I list all bugs in one mail and provide an external link to
the test cases.
Sorry for this :)

-----

1. String.Compare() returns the wrong values
String.Compare returns "-1" when it should return "1" and vice versa, it
only works correct if the strings match (0).

The following test case returns -1 on pnet but should return 1.
If you exchange those two strings, pnet returns 1 but it should return
-1.

MS .NET:
1
0
0
1

pnet:
-1
0
0
-1

http://dev.gentoo.org/~scandium/pnet/compare.cs

-----

2. The output order for positive, negative and NULL values doesn't work
as expected.

Test case: http://dev.gentoo.org/~scandium/pnet/output.cs

This returns

100.000
<100.000>
-

on MS .NET (as expected) but returns the following on pnet:

10000.0
1000(0.0)
'-'

-----

3. cscc -e always says it cannot find the entry point.
test case: http://dev.gentoo.org/~scandium/pnet/hello2.cs

The params explained in the man page don't change the linker's output:

cscc -e Kap1.CHelloOne
cscc -e Kap1.CHelloOne.Main
cscc -e CHelloOne.Main

all only give as a result:
program has multiple entry points
hello2.exe: could not locate the entry point `[value of -e]'

csc /main:Kap1.CHelloOne hello2.cs
on MS .NET works as expected (and according to the manpage, -e is the
equivalent to /main: ?)
I am sorry if I misunderstood the purpose of -e

-----

All tests were done using pnet 0.6.0 and MS .NET 1.1.4322.

--
Rainer Groesslinger <address@hidden>