RE: [Pnet-developers] Re: Possible misinterpretation of 'protected inter

From: Gopal V
Subject: RE: [Pnet-developers] Re: Possible misinterpretation of 'protected internal'
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 00:16:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> Carl-Adam Brengesjo wrote:
> > check diff to the previous version and you'll
> notice power of the pnet design ;)

Heh, single line fix :)

> correspond to the `conventional oop terms'.

More correctly I define that as "what Java does" ;-)
I learned OOP with Java (rather than C++, as most
people have done) , so what Java does makes sense
for me . C# cannot afford to be too different in the
semantics of visibility (other than the "internal"
methods stuff).

> BTW, has anyone heard about a (commonly accepted,
> even normative) glossary of `conventional oop
terms'?

JLS 2.0 is very nicely written .. though Java has
a few real rough edges with classes inside classes ..
I hope you read the logs :).

But hey, it's already fixed and checked in. Next !

Gopal