Re: [Pnet-developers] FW: Compiling pnetlib

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] FW: Compiling pnetlib
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 02:49:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

>       I have downloaded the latest stable source of
> pnetlib on
> Solaris 2.8.  I am using gcc 3.4.1.  I have compiled
> pnet and treecc
> with no problems.   But when I am compiling pnetlib,
> I am getting
> the following error for 'runtime' portion:

There's a known issue with gcc 3.4.1 which was found
only after 0.6.8 was released (and fixed on the next
day, sadly).

It happens only with -O3/-O2 compilations on PPC64 and
AMD64 (or so I remember).

> Could you please help me rectify this problem?

Can you pick the latest pnet/codegen/cg_arith.tc (ver
1.8) file off CVS (or webcvs from
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/
dotgnu-pnet/pnet/codegen/cg_arith.tc)
and replace your cg_arith.tc with that ?.

That fixes an aliasing issue that was breaking
aggressive optimisations in gcc 3.4 . Hopefully this
should be the same issue.

Gopal