[Pnet-developers] [patch #3565] Fix two Form size issues

From: Klaus Treichel
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [patch #3565] Fix two Form size issues

This mail is an automated notification from the patch tracker
 of the project: DotGNU Portable.NET.

[patch #3565] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Klaus Treichel <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Sat 12/11/2004 at 11:30 (GMT)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Applied
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Applied to cvs 12/11/2004  Klaus

[patch #3565] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted by: Marc Haisenko
On: Fri 12/10/2004 at 16:38

Category:  None

Original Submission:  This patch fixes two size problem in Form.cs (they appear
on X Window, I don't know whether they also have an effect on Windows but I
assume so).

The first problem was that the ClientSize on Forms with FormBorderStyle.None
was wrong because ClientToBounds and ToolkitDrawSize both used
ToolkitManager.Toolkit.GetWindowAdjust. GetWindowAdjust should return the size
of the window decorations. Because there is no way to get the size of the
window decorations on X Window that would work with all window managers this
function returns a few fixed values that are quite good on most systems. But
obviously they are completely wrong when no decoration is present at all ;-)

This bug is normally not a very visible one except when you embed a Form in
another Form (I can post a test application that demonstrates this bug plus
some screenshots if someone wants to see it).

So we need to ignore the size returned by Toolkit.GetWindowAdjust when
FormBorderStyle == FormBorderStyle.None in both Form.ClientToBounds and
Form.ToolkitDrawSize

The second problem was that changing the FrameBorderStyle didn't resize the
window/update the internal sizes.

This is simply fixed by remembering the ClientSize, changing the border style
and then setting the ClientSize back to the remembered value.

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Sat 12/11/2004 at 11:30       By: Klaus Treichel <ktreichel>
Applied to cvs 12/11/2004  Klaus