Re: [Pnet-developers] SystemIcons

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] SystemIcons
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:09:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

> preferable, as that'll
> make it easier for users to change / customize the
> icons.

I'll violently disagree here :)

Anything that picks up stuff automatically from
some path is a bad idea. Embed the default
system icons in the System.Windows.Forms.dll .

> internally and the
> > best place I could think of to do so would be
> within the
> > DefaultThemePainter by exposing a method which
> would in turn reference a
> > new class called Icons.

Yes, that sounds good enough for me - Provided you
come up with those icons from somewhere.

I'd love a pluggable icon themer there as well ;)

Gopal