[Pnet-developers] --enable-xft by default, if available?

From: Rainer Groesslinger
Subject: [Pnet-developers] --enable-xft by default, if available?
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 15:59:30 +0100

Hello,

when configuring pnetlib, the --enable-xft switch has been around for a
long time now and I just looked at savannah's bug page and there are no
bugs open about xft or font things which would relate to xft.

I have been using it for a few months now and the last problems I was
aware of got fixed about 2 months ago and it seems like no new problems
appeared.
If those people working on the Fonts stuff etc. aren't aware of any new
problems, I'd like to propose to enable it by default if configure
detects that it is available.

I am sure everyone agrees that WinForms apps don't only look more
"correct" (font size-wise) but also much more beautiful, so I feel like
there's something lost if it's not enabled by default even when no known
problems exist.

Rainer